Apr 26, 2007

Aussies did it again

Firstly, I have to clarify that I am not a fortune teller and I cannot predict what someone else will do or attempt to do. We can at best anticipate possible scenarios. (see Apr 25th blog)

Unfortunately for South Africa, they fell to Australia's first inning bowling of ODI.. Yes, I had indicated that Australia can restrict under 150-170, when bowling first and why it happens is clear in my book.

Also, my third point was about when Gibbs should bat ahead of Kallis. Today, when Smith was out they should have done so, or tried to send someone else (from their lower order hitters) to smack or pinch, if they wanted to be positive against Australia....
Sending in Kallis, and then asking him to fabricate shots is not worth it, as you waste your top orthodox batsman.

However, Australia finally batted well in the semis...Congratulations!!!

Other points about Sri Lanka/Australia finals later.

Stay tuned and check more updates on saumilzx.com for excerpts

Thanks
Saumil
saumilzx.com